There are many things you can do to help. You can help with campaigning, fund-raising or our Internet campaign. Details are below.
How Can You Help?
As we build this website we will add a private members site where you can find resources that will help you, such as email templates, a place to indicate you will attend a fund-raising or social event or help with leafleting. What we add depends on demand and on people being willing to help. In the meantime here are some suggestions of things to do:
Help with Campaigns
- Help with leafleting
- Write letters to local paper
- Visit the web site regularly, subscribe to our newsletter, put a link from your site to ours to help with page ranking
- Write letters to local businesses
- Attend public meetings
Organise fund-raising events
There are lots of things that can be done:
- Use the Internet to raise funds FREE on our easy fund raising page.
- Get a group of People to take stuff to a car-boot sale.
- Quiz night
- Barn Dance
- Come Dine with me – EDP in Hertfordshire (people who take part donate, say, £5. We could have heats etc. Probably good for an ongoing item on Facebbok
- EDP in Hertfordshire has Talent
- Cake stand
- Summer barbeque
- Host a Chinese, Indian or a Fish and Chips Takeaway evening with friends. Take their orders and then ask for a donation on top of th ecost of the food. This will give me a chance to talk about the EDP to potential voters.
- Do you have a skill such as nail technician? You could do an open house with all treatments at, say, 20% of with the profits going towards the Supporters Club
- Hold a St Georges Day Party. We ask for donations for refreshments and food ie BBQ. You could sell St Georges Cross flags ect. Depending on the size you could have stalls.
- Anglo-Saxon Supper. Invite friends to bring a plate of food, an English drink (Beer, Cider, or English wine) and a £5 note for EDP funds to discuss the state of England and wat could be done.
- Call up Hertfordshire printers to see if they will donate to EDP by printing 5000 leaflets, 4 colour A4 folded to A5 free of charge.
Help with the internet
There are many activities that can be undertaken. Most of them require anything from 10 minutes a week to 15 – 20 minutes a day. All of these activities will help us get higher on search engine ratings. At my last search on Google for “Hertfordshire English Democrats” I got 419,000 hits! With your help we could easily make this a million hits before the end of 2011. I am always willing to give help and advice to anyone who wants it.
- Spend 10 minutes a week on our website discussion page. Pose questions, answer the questions of others. this activity is identified by Google and will help us get higher up the search engine rankings.
- Read the blogs and use the comment system to add your views. At most 10 minutes a go. Believe it or not this will be picked up by Google.
- Publish podcasts. A podcast is the audio equivalent of a blog. Software is easily and cheaply available (there are free applications too) to do this.
- Publish videos. You can either make your own videos or browse YouTube looking for videos that we could link to on our video page.
- Write a blog. Our site uses WordPress software and has a simple system to allow anyone, with the desire, to write about it things that interest them and allows you a more visible platform than the Discussion. This will take you from 10 to 40 minutes a go, depending on how much you have to say. If you want to do this let me know and I will set you up on the system.
- Become active on our Twitter site and help manage it. I have set this up with some automated feeds but do nothing else. Twitter is a great way to point people to an article, a web site, our own or another English Democrat site, to a YouTube video or to an event. However it needs some time and attention – possibly as little as 15 -20 minutes a day.
- Mangage our facebook site. Facebook has become important in the media mix. We have a site but I have to confess I never visit it. Once again 15-20 minutes a day would probably turn it into an asset for us.